This month is all about preparing for the new year – and a home cleansing is absolutely paramount in our practise, without fail. A dirty, messy home will mirror a dirty, messy year, and will attract dirty, messy relationships into your life. It is also a source for spiritual problems of all kinds, especially parasitic entity activity. Here are the most important tips to make the best cleansing for your home!
· Throw away everything that you don’t want to continue to give attention to for another year. Gifts and pictures from exes, clothes that do not fit any longer (in size or in style), and anything that brings bad memories.
· If you have been holding on to stuff from a deceased family member, it is also time to say goodbye to it, as it can not only bring bad energy into your life, it can also drag the spirit of your loved one down.
Extra Note – be extra careful with good intentions when it comes to these two points, because they are a double edged sword. “I want to donate this” and “I’m keeping this until I find someone who needs it/wants it” are HUGE red flags for hoarding behaviour, and actually are both a burden you are putting on yourself. You are NOT the keeper of anyone’s stuff. Just let go.
· When you clean, pay special attention to spaces under stairs, cupboards, closets, garages, attics, etc – you just cannot cheat energy, and the mess works against you even if it’s not visible. This will manifest on trouble coming from unexpected sources and unadressed situations in the next year.
· Make sure that nothing blocks the way when you move around the house – don’t keep stuff on stairs, hallways, and behind doors. Make sure locks, door handles, and hinges are all working properly. Blocked passages and accesses will manifest as obstacles appearing again and again in the next year.
· Pay great attention to lights – lights should be strong on active areas (entrance, kitchen, offices, study and play rooms, dining rooms, bathroom), and soft on passive areas (bedrooms and any space for relaxing). Make sure all lamps have working bulbs. Lack of proper lighting in the home will manifest as lack of clarity, confusion, and bad choices in the next year.
· Your kitchen is one of the most important centres of energy in the home, and for Feng Shui practitioners, the very symbol of your wealth, so take extra time to address it. Make sure it is clean, free of clutter, and organized to suit your life and needs. A dirty, messy kitchen will manifest as lack of abundance, unexpected expenses, and really all kinds of misfortune, even illness.
Extra Note – if you feel that there are areas in the home that you can’t accomplish on your own before the year ends, don’t do them, but at least plan how you will address them in 2021. Remember that a plan always should have dates and clear goals.
The very plan that you write can act as a sigil; you can dab the paper with a magical oil (like Cleansing Oil, John The Conqueror Oil, Empowerment Oil, or any oil that represents your intention), and that you can write it with green ink to take the work even further. You can even put the paper into a Manifestation Box, and leave it on your altar.
· Once the home has been fully cleaned, I like to start with two simple things: spraying the house, from top to bottom and from back to front, with Blessed Water, and lighting a white candle on every space. Of course, you can bless the water yourself and use tealights. Please keep your candles always on safe spaces!
· The next step would always be to clean all altars – change altar tablecloths, renew candles/incense/water, and dust everything well. Once that is done, you can spray them again with Blessed Water, and light a nice, new white or golden candle on each of them. Light them at least one or two hours every day until the end of January.
Extra Note – if you do not have any altars, or worship any Spirits, choose a couple of special places in your home to light those candles and some form of incense. I would definitely suggest one in the kitchen, and one in the dining room/tv room (wherever the family spends more time together). Love and energy work with or without Spirits!
Once the home and the Spirits have been tended, you can take it further with two very powerful steps:
· Create a floor wash with herbs of empowerment, and wash your floors with it (or spray the home if the floors wan’t be washed) – there are as many options as there are spiritual paths, so I won’t go into detail here, but the wash should always suit your level of magical skill, your ancestral roots, and the herbs you know. Herbs like Rosemary, Lemongrass, Basil, Cinnamon, and Orange tree, are always good choices.
· Create an altar to happiness, empowerment and good fortune in your home. This is a place to express your creativity, and put together symbols of everything that you want to the next year to bring. Again, there are a thousand ways to do this, too many for this post, but here are some suggestions: banknotes and coins (of any kind), seasonal fruits and nuts (I use chestnuts, walnuts, and tangerines, as they all last for several weeks without rotting), Christmas sweets and ornaments (particularly if they mean something special to you, or are inherited), printed images of things you want to accomplish (like a diploma, a driving license, a home’s deed of ownership), and of course candles and incense.
Finally, for an extra push of energy on the new year, get your participation for my Golden Healing Ritual!
My Website: Tarot, Spellwork, and Spiritual Services
Social Media: Facebook · Twitter · Tumblr · Instagram